Thursday, April 08, 2010

Out loud

I like praying out loud in the car. It's not about lofty stuff. I don't use formal words or rhythms. It's my chance to say, hey God, I'm so glad you're listening. It's usually about the hard stuff in life. The stuff that makes me weary and tries my soul. The stuff that would sink me if God wasn't listening. He's listening. Listening with compassion and affection,  measuring out mercy and wisdom, grace and strength.

Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!
Psalms 66:20

post signature

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Thank you dearest Aunt T. I love what you wrote and how you wrote it and needed to be reminded of this today.

XO

Leslie said...

Im with Chelle.. this is a lovely of loveliest post...

a good reminder
and I am a shower and pray out louder....

go figure.

Marsha Brockman said...

I pray outloud in the car also.

Add to Technorati Favorites

CWO

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed